Tuesday, April 14, 2009

SMUNC 2009

SMUNC 2009 Planning Officially Begins. Please Post Your Topics.

10 comments:

  1. Soviet Union 1947 - Chair: Aaron Goone


    Topic 1: Reconstruction and Protection of Destroyed Soviet Lands

    Topic 2: Curbing American influence in Europe

    Topic 3: Proliferation of Communism in Asia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need advice on Topic 1, i feel like its very important but at the same time it might be boring

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suggest talking with Elly - possibly creating a topic that coincides with hers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Everybody,
    I'm just checking to make sure I did this right and can write on the blog. If this does post, will I get e-mails everytime someone does something interesting on the blog or do I have to check each time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're going to have to check every time. What committee are you on Jackie? Just post it on a new post instead of this comment. (New Post in upper right of page).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goone, I don't know how long each of those topics will take, etc., but remember that you only have one day, which really isn't that much time. i mean, Georgetown was 4 days and we only got through one topic, so be careful to make sure you have ample time to cover three topics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vikram, Ben Tennenbaum, and I are chairing ECOFIN, and our topics are:

    1. Rights of the Occupied Palestinian Territories over natural resources in East Jerusalem and the occupied Golan Heights

    2. Refinancing of Iceland per IMF regulations

    If anyone has any suggestions or comments, please let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elly Dongoski:: President Harry S. Truman
    July 26, 1947

    First Meeting of the National Security Council Topics:

    1. Containment of Communism and Implementation of the Truman Doctrine

    2. Creation of an European Recovery Program

    3. Controlling Atomic Energy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goone, your first topic will work nicely with my 2nd topic.
    we can focus on reconstruction of europe, soviet territory for you, the rest for me :)
    and your other two topics will coincide with my first topic.

    all looks good to me,
    i think i may delete my 3rd topic though, a little bit too much maybe??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Committee: World Health Organization

    1. Leprosy

    2. (I believe this is it but it is Shantanu's topic) Global response to pandemics

    ReplyDelete